French fries are one of the most beloved foods in the world, and with good reason — they’re delicious! If you’re looking to level up your fry game, then look no further. We have five extraordinary tips that will make your French fries even more delectable than ever before. Whether you like crinkle-cut or classic straight-cut, silver dollar shoestring fries or steakhouse style wedges; we have something for everyone. Read on to discover our top-secret techniques for bringing out the best flavors from each type of fry – prepare to be surprised and delighted by what is possible!
- Try Out Different Frying Oils – Different types of oil impart different flavors to your French fries. One of the best oils for deep-frying is peanut oil. It has a high smoke point (450°F/232°C), so it’s great for frying at higher temperatures. Peanut oil also has a neutral flavor that won’t overpower the taste of your potatoes—but it may impart some nutty notes to your French fries. For an even more robust flavor, you can try using beef tallow or lard, which produces crispier French fries with an authentic fried taste. Both beef tallow and lard have a very high smoke point (400°F/200°C), making them ideal for deep-frying without smoking.
- Use Unconventional Spices & Seasonings – Want to experiment with new flavor profiles when it comes to your fries? Consider using dried herbs, spices and other seasonings like garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder for exciting new combinations that go beyond the classic salt & pepper. If you’re feeling adventurous, try creating your own custom seasoning blend!
- Bake Them for a Healthier Option – Baking fries is a great way to make them healthier without sacrificing taste. To get the perfect crisp, toss your sliced potatoes with olive oil and seasonings before baking in a preheated oven at 425 degrees F. Monitor closely to ensure that they don’t burn!
- Add Some Heat – Whether you like spicy or mild, adding a bit of heat to your French fries can take them up to another level. Cayenne pepper, paprika, and chili powder can all add a spicy kick to your French fries. If you prefer milder flavors, try adding garlic powder or onion powder. For a more flavorful option, try using diced jalapenos or red peppers. You can also use different kinds of hot sauces such as Tabasco sauce or sriracha. Whichever combination you choose, be sure to mix it in with the oil before baking the potatoes for an extra flavor boost.
- Get Creative with Dipping Sauces – We all know ketchup is the classic French fry condiment, but why not try mixing it up a bit? Try out different sauces like barbecue and honey mustard, or create a custom dip with sour cream and ranch dressing. Don’t be afraid to get creative when it comes to dipping sauces – the options are endless!
These are just five of the many extraordinary ways to make your French fries even better. With these tips in mind, you can take your fry game to the next level and enjoy delicious fries that will have everyone coming back for more. And if you are looking for French fries near you, visit us at The Burger Shack. French fries – your classic comfort food, will never be the same!